Return Code FFFFFFFF
Check the log file: C:\ProgramData\KCF Technologies\VMS\DatabaseInstaller.txt
Sql Express Install log files are documented here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143702.aspx
Look for them here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log
- If the log says to check the SQL Server Error logs, go here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.<instance name>\MSSQL\Log\
If the user can't install SQL Server Express during the VMS Prerequisite installation phase, try the following
- Go to the installation cd, and browse to the Support Files\SqlExpress\en folder.
- From there run either the install32.bat or install64.bat files, depending on whether you have a 32 bit or 64 bit machine.
- Follow the prompts, accepting all defaults. The entire process will take several minutes, depending on your computer.
- If you get any error messages, please let me know what they are.
If there is a message something like "can't fix registry key", do this: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sreekarm/archive/2010/03/15/sql-express-is-not-installed-properly-steps-to-be-taken-before-reinstall-again.aspx